17, May 2017
La Republique: Adèle Mballa Atangana dropped by CRTV following on-air blunder 0
The management of the Cameroon Radio and Television, CRTV has replaced the 8:30 pm Francophone newscaster, Adèle Mballa Atangana. Mballa Atangana who also moonlights as Director of Information at Crtv-Television desk was told to get some rest yesterday Tuesday the 16th of May. CRTV insiders say she is presently depressed following a costly mistake she made during the presentation of the Monday May 15th 8:30 pm news in the French language.
Adèle Mballa Atangana announced the new members of the French government whose names were unveiled, according to her, shortly after the appointment that Monday, of Edouard Philippe to the post of Prime Minister by French President Emmanuel Macron. Some French citizens in Cameroon did inform CRTV that the new French government has not been made public . The French statement indicated that a new government was expected today Wednesday May 17, 2017. CRTV’s editorial board later on discovered that Adele Mballa Atangana was drowned by the many hoaxes circulating since Monday on the web about the first French government of the Macron era.
Adèle Mballa Atangana was replaced by Evelyne Owona Essomba who presented the 8:30 pm news on Tuesday May the 16th 2017. CRTV is used to perpetrate crimes against Anglophones far worse than the Lake Nyos Disaster or the numerous deaths recorded on the Tiko-Douala highway. It is an instrument of mass mobilization through falsehood, corruption of the popular conscience and the deification of the 84 year old dictator who has finally destroyed the tribal tolerance miraculously put in place by the late President Ahidjo. CRTV was and is the conduit through which egregious violations and crimes of unimaginable magnitude are perpetrated against Southern Cameroonians.
By Soter Tarh Agbaw-Ebai
Cameroon Concord News Group
18, May 2017
Anglophone teachers in Yaoundé have refused to correct copies of the 2017 Common Entrance Examination 0
Unhappy with the reduction the Francophone government’s reduction of the marking fees from 60 francs last year to 33 CFA francs this year, Anglophone teachers in Yaoundé have said that they will not correct a single script of the Common Entrance Examination that held on Tuesday 16 May 2017. The expression on the faces, and the angry tone of the conversations held with some of the teachers by our cream of reporters in Yaoundé, speaks volumes about the prevailing situation.
The 2017 session of the Common Entrance has just been completed by the primary school pupils and they are now waiting for the red ball pen users to get the correction job done. However, Cameroon Concord News has learnt from the Anglophone teaching community in Yaoundé that none of these teachers intend to enter the marking centers.
The Southern Cameroonians have refused to make the corrections and are also denouncing the drastic reduction of their expenses envisaged for this task. They had already done so last year, when the Biya Francophone government reduced the correction costs by half, from 120 CFA francs to 60 francs. The teachers were already in the marking centers yesterday Wednesday, May 17, 2017 preparing the marking scheme to start the corrections, when the CPDM Regional Delegate for the Center Region sent by the Minister of Basic Education announced another drastic reduction- a reduction according to which each teacher will receive only 33 CFA francs per corrected script.
This time around, the pill was impossible to swallow for these dedicated Anglophone teachers especially as reductions have become recurring in the cost of marking the Common Entrance Examination. Based on a Prime Minister Order that sets the fee for correction of the Common Entrance at 120 CFA francs, the angry teachers have made it clear that no copy will be marked under these conditions. It is now evident the Southern Cameroons crisis has spilled over into French Cameroun.
By Rita Akana
Cameroon Concord News