7, April 2017
Southern Cameroons: Consortium leader tells SDF MPs Francophone members of gov’t demonstrated bad faith 1
Dr. Fontem Neba, one of the emblematic figures of the Southern Cameroons struggle incarcerated at the Yaounde central prison located in Kondengui in the Central Region has said that the Anglophone problem has taken a dramatic u-turn because of bad faith on the part of the CPDM regime in Yaounde. Dr Fontem made the declaration during a meeting with parliamentarians of Social Democratic Front on April 5, 2017.
Fontem Neba returned to the relations between the government and the arrested leaders. “There is so much to be said in the Anglophone crisis that continues to get bogged down. You must know that the crisis which is on-going is linked to the bad will of the leaders. Negotiations between the Government and the unions of Anglophone teachers had resumed. I must quickly say that the strike had taken another turn. The people followed closely all our actions; And it was no longer possible to circumvent them.”
Dr Fontem Neba pointed out that during the last meeting of the ad hoc committee; the trade unionists expressed the wish to have a moment of consultation. The objective of this consultation was to lift the strike slogan. “But the members of the Government did not understand. Yet they wanted a truce and wished absolutely to report to the Head of State that the strike had been lifted and we refused. That is why the state moved on to higher gear of arresting us.” For the Southern Cameroon leader if the government had listened to the Consortium, the crisis would not be at the current level.
By Rita Akana
7, April 2017
Issa Tchiroma issues statement on US truck controversy 0
The Minister of Communication, Issa Tchiroma Bakary has issued a press release to clarify public on the issue concerning trucks hired by the government of the United States that were transiting from Chad to Cameroon.
The press release indicated that the trucks that were travelling from Ndjamena in Chad to Garoua in Cameroon were detained in the town for Kousseri by the Cameroonian customs agency assisted by the security forces for a routine security check. The check, he indicated is in accordance with sovereignty and security regulations enforce.
The press release further states that after the check, no weapons or ammunition were found in the containers. The truck load contained bathing items, toilet towels, foot needs, electrical cables and air conditions equipment. The Minister in the release saluted the valuable support Cameroon has been benefiting from the US government in the fight against the Boko Haram terrorist group.
CRTV